Friday, May 14, 2010

I've Made a List and I Check It At Least Twice

How do you know if you have packed everything you need for a triathlon? By having a checklist, of course. You add to it and tweak it as you go but you always use the checklist. Below is mine, which I keep on my iPhone. I may not need everything on it for every race (e.g. I won't need a wetsuit for my August and October races) but better to see something and not need it than need something and it not be packed. The only thing that isn't on this list is my transition bag, which is what everything (but the bike) gets packed in:

Tri suit
Goggles
Bike
Bike shoes
Frame pump
Bike bag
Helmet
Run shoes
Race belt and number
Wristband
Transition towel
Timing chip
USAT card
Shorts & shirt & belt
Gel
Cut Rubber bands
Garmin
Kids scissors
Marker
Tape
iPhone
Keys
Wallet
Race pack
Swim cap
Wetsuit
Water bottle
Bike pump
Sunglasses
Flashlight
Body glide
Jacket
Ear buds
Visor

No comments: