Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Countdown to UCLA

On Sunday I tried a short run to test out running without socks and to run in my tri-suit (hidden behind my regular running clothes because I'm a wuss). Problem was I was still exhausted from my four-hour ride the day before so it was a very short run(/walk). After that I did a quick 10-mile easy ride and practiced transitions. I think I'll do okay.

I'm really worried about my calves because I'm feeling 'em. Maybe a four-hour ride the week before was a stupid idea. I'll know more in a few days.

Today's swim was short and sweet. Warm up, 400 (in 7 minutes, again, even though I'm still tired), 2x50, 100, 2x50 fast, then a cool down. Short but intense with plenty of rest time.

Signups for the Malibu Triathlon started this week. I was hoping to sign up after this weekend but the buzz was that the Classic (i.e. sprint) would sell out in a week and I didn't want to take any chances. They have three Clydesdale divisions! I signed up for the 225+ group. It's possible I could actually drop below that by September but I'm not betting on it.

I have decided that after this weekend I am going to focus more on doing longer rides to get my weight down. 3+ hour rides seem to really work so I'm thinking I can alternate a weekend with two two-hour rides with a weekend of one 3-4-hour ride. How to squeeze in a run every other week? Before the Sunday two-hour ride? Hmm.

No comments: