Sunday, September 7, 2008

Clydesdales Welcome

Hey there. I'll explain what I'm up to in later posts but, for now, I'm going to jump into it.

I wanted to ride my bike yesterday but my wife flaked on taking it to the shop for a new chain during the week so I did that after I went to the farmer's market. By the time I got back and out to ride it was noon...in August...in Southern California. Hot ride but I needed to do it.

Woke up this morning and decided to check out the Los Angeles Tri Club site and saw that the Los Angeles Triathlon was today. Checked out that site and what do I see: a Clydesdale Class. That's a class for guys over 200lbs, which is me. Now, I don't know if I would enter that class (which would end up with 6'6" totally buff guys) but it's the thought that counts. Anyway, I was sufficiently motivated to head out and do another ride today. Not only did I not die but I actually rode faster than yesterday. Who knew? Assuming my calves hold out (more on them later) I can count on training both weekend days when I can.

Next up: checking out the North Hollywood YMCA's pool to see if it will do as a workout pool.

No comments: