Thursday, October 9, 2008

Swimming and Other Stuff

Swimming today. Did two 150s. Couldn't do another so I did a 100. Padded them with 50s but I was doing them at a good pace, though. Very tired at the end and finished after 1100 yards. I'm getting kinda tired of the pool being at 86 degrees. It's getting too hot towards the end. I'm sure winter isn't going to help, either. Stupid water aerobics wimps and their need for warm water.

I'm seriously considering doing the bike tour held before the L.A. Marathon. It will be on President's Day this year so I will be ready for 26 miles by then. They also have a 5k afterwards, which would be a nice brick but I will have just started running in February so I don't think I'll be up for it. Should be fun riding through Los Angeles with the streets closed off.

Stopped by Bicycle John's in Burbank on the way back to work from swimming. Not this is a bike shop. They even have a little triathlon section upstairs in a corner. When it comes time to start upgrading myself (bike shorts, pedals, etc.), this may be the place to go.

No comments: