Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Just What the Doctor Ordered

My decision to take time off from training was spot on. During today's swim, after a warm up, I swam 500 yards straight and could have gone farther. Excellent! That was quite the confidence-booster since I now know that I can swim as far as I need to this season. I didn't doubt that was going to happen but today's the day when it happened.

Came across the Breath of Life Ventura Triathlon. As I mentioned a few posts ago, I have been looking for a June triathlon. The Redondo Beach Triathlon just seems too short but the Ventura is just right. This one I might even be able to get my family to attend with me, as my in-laws are in the area. Hmm...

Back to the hill training in the morning. The forecast says it should be in the thirties.

No comments: