Saturday, April 25, 2009

Creeping Decrepitude

Let's run down this week's list, shall we?:

On Tuesday, as I was walking on the pool deck and about to get in, I stepped on a bee and it stung me. I was actually surprised by how much it didn't hurt.

After a 300 warm up my right shoulder hurt so much that I had to stop and get out of the pool. I have an appointment at a sports medicine clinic this Tuesday. Since it was a gradual thing I am hoping that rest and some shoulder exercises will fix it up.

This week I have been having a weird, dull pain in my lower back. Last night I could tell it was bordering on being really painful. Also last night I somehow made my left knee sore. Must have twisted it the wrong way but I wasn't really doing anything last night. I any event, this morning's run has been cancelled.

Like I have taught my children, listen to your body. If your body is telling you to not run, listen to it. However, I have a 40-mile ride planned for tomorrow so my body better get with the program by then. ;-)

No comments: