Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Going Crazy From the Heat

I think I am officially sick of swimming in a pool that is too warm. On Thursday I am driving to Van Nuys to swim at the pool there. Have I mentioned that the swimming book I am reading says pools 84 degrees and up are unhealthy? The Y's pool is 86 degrees.

Needless to say, today's workout sucked. After warmup I could only go 100 yards before having to stop because I felt so awful from the heat. And to add injury to insult my left shoulder was getting sore from the new stroke. It could be that I'm doing it wrong so I'm going to play it safe and go back to my usual stroke until I can get some instruction. The new pool has that capability, if it works out for me. If it doesn't, I don't know what I'm going to do because I can't go on swimming in a pool that's too hot.

No comments: