Thursday, December 25, 2008

Let There Be Light

Santa was very good to me in the cycling department. First up is a truing stand, which I very much need as the combination of my weight and the old wheels on my second hand bike are adding up to wheels that go out of true in just a few weeks. Next we have Blackburn Flea lights (front and rear), which is going to allow me to wake up early Wednesday mornings and do a hill workout before getting ready for work. Last, we have another light set but I'm going to return that and get some tools so I can not only perform bike maintenance but actually use the aforementioned truing stand.

Did you know that Lance Armstrong has a twitter page? It's true. Poor guy went out for a three-hour ride today. That's one of the things that separates champions from the rest of the pack. As for me, Christmas at home with the kiddies and rain made the decision to stay home an easy one.

Speaking of Lance Armstrong, the Amegen Tour of California will have a stage from Santa Clarita to Pasadena and, if you take a look at "Races and Events" on the right, you will see that I have volunteered to work it. Don't know what I'll be doing until a week or two beforehand but it should be quite the experience.

The family will be having a dim sum adventure tomorrow, which means taking trains to Chinatown for some yummy dim sum. Because of that I'll only get to ride 29 miles tomorrow. I'm thinking 29 tomorrow, practice on my hill Saturday because I want to do it in the light before having to do it in the dark on Wednesday, then a longer ride on Sunday (I'm not sure how long but I know what the route will be). Oh, and get some tubes and exchange the lights tomorrow. Then, when I have gotten the tools, I can true my back wheel because it is messed up.

No comments: